Think you know everything about Union J?
Here’s 50 facts all about the amazing group!
1. JJ was born on 25th May 1988.
2. He was formerly a jockey.
3. His alarm tone is Katy Perry’s ‘Wide Awake’.
4. His favourite film is ‘I Love You Man’.
5. He has a phobia of rubber bands.
6. Josh was born on July 28th 1992.
7. He was born in Ascot, UK.
8. When he was 14 he starred in the West End Musical ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’.
9. He has a cat… called Oreo.
10. Josh fancies Jade Thirlwall from Little Mix.
11. Jaymi was born on the 24th of February 1990.
12. Jaymi is gay, and is currently with partner Olly.
13. This means Jaymi is the only member of Union J to be in a relationship!
14. He has a dog, a cat and a couple of fish.
15. Jaymi once said he’d date Josh out of all the members because he has “strong eyebrows”.
16. George was born on July 27th, 1993.
17. He taught himself how to play the guitar at the age of 13 with some help from his Grandad.
18. George said he would never date a fan.
19. George is friends with Harry Styles who told him he should never cut his hair.
20. George’s middle name is Paul.
21. Union J was originally called Triple J.
22. Their original manager was Julian White.
23. Jaymi and Josh first met at the Sylvia Young Theatre School.
24. JJ was later added to the group by former manager Julian.
25. Triple J auditioned with the song ‘We Found Love’.
26. George Shelley’s audition was an acoustic performance of Britney Spear’s Toxic.
27. Both George and Triple J lost out at bootcamp.
28. Another group, Rough Copy, had to withdraw meaning there was a spare group slot. Triple J and George Shelley combined to take this slot and were renamed Union J!
29. A clip on Xtra Factor made it appear that Caroline Flack had come with idea of adding George to the group.
30. Union J made it through to the Live Shows after a performance of ‘Call Me Maybe’.
31. Throughout the live shows, their best result was fourth place, which they received in Weeks 1, 5, 7, 8 and 9.
32. They beat Ella Henderson in Week 4 in the bottom 2 showdown.
33. They got the least amount of votes in the penultimate week, meaning they didn’t make the grand final. They lost out to Christopher Maloney, Jahmene Douglas and eventual winner James Arthur.
34. They were mentored by Louis Walsh who previously mentored groups Jedward and JLS! He seemingly has an obsession with the letter ‘J’!
35. The went to Las Vegas during the Judge’s Houses stage of the show!
36. Union J said that if they could meet anyone in the world, it would be either Justin Bieber or One Direction.
37. When JJ was a jockey he won 24 races out of the 260 he competed in!
38. On The X Factor live tour, Union J sang ‘When Love Takes Over’, ‘
- Love Story’, ‘
- Bleeding Love’, ‘
- Broken Strings’ and ‘
- Call Me Maybe’.
39. Their official Twitter account is @UnionJWorld and, at the time of writing, they have 921,219 followers!
40. At the time of writing, their official Facebook page has 160,958 followers.
41. Jaymi was included in a Radio 1 documentary about coming out.
42. In Abba week on the live shows, their song was ‘The Winner Takes It All’.
43. In the first live show their song was ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’, originally by Queen.
44. Once in a Twitcam they attempted to play knock on door runaway with Christopher Maloney, but instead ended up disturbing James Arthur.
45. Their official website is UnionJOfficial.com
46. Their debut single is called ‘Carry You’ and will be released on 2nd June.
47. They said it will debut on the radio “in a few weeks”. They said this on 8th April.
48. They’ve been booked to perform at the 2013 Birmingham Fusion Festival alongside Jessie J and James Arthur.
49. They’ve already filmed the music video for ‘Carry You’.
50. With their first single and album out this year, we can expect Union J to be HUGE!
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter to keep up with the latest Union J news!Follow @UnionJ_Net